Wednesday, April 06, 2005

today's forecast: foggy with some lingering haze.

tHe nExT BiG ThiNg. i may have had the greatest marketing idea ever last night thanks to a heavy dose of nyquil. if only i could remember the details. like what it was, for instance. from what i do remember this product/service already existed, my new roommates introduced it to me – with some sort of combination of awe and aggravation that i did not already know about it. but it was okay, i didn’t take offense, i mean, they were right – where the hell had i been that i hadn’t heard about this? the rest is very fuzzy. and by very fuzzy, i mean more or less a total blur. it involved music, something about unlimited access, and also, somehow, time. it definitely meant that i could listen to whatever music i wanted to (and i think play with some proficiency any instrument i wanted) and not have to set my alarm clock. that was key and what had me very excited about this fabulous new service. was it a service? i don’t even know. i do feel like it was some sort of subscription or service and not a thing. regardless, when my alarm clock went off at 6:45am this morning i smugly hit the snooze button, thinking to myself, “well i don’t need that anymore!” minutes later i again resurfaced from my nyquil-induced fog and this time i couldn’t quite figure out why i didn’t need my alarm clock and i had this growing sensation that i did, in fact, have to get out of bed and be at work at 8:30am. so i went with that feeling, and it turns out it is a good thing i did. they were expecting me here at 8:30am. (they were also expecting me to be productive, which has been a challenge with the lingering haze of nyquil in my system.) so i guess i keep the alarm clock then, huh? that sucks. damn, i wish i could remember what this amazing thing was, because it was awesome. and i’m sure totally achievable. and definitely not simply my subconscious reaction to the fear of oversleeping having taken a sleeping medication and my roommates playing music in the next room after i went to sleep – as i deduced they had by the guitar left on the chair in front of the computer that i passed on the way to the shower this morning. no, i’m sure i’m just on to something really good. but what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker