Tuesday, April 12, 2005

can you say refund?

cHecK pLeAsE. that's right, april 15th is just around the corner. okay, it's this friday. and today, with a swift pull on the door of the mailbox at 6th ave & w. 55th street and some postage borrowed from the office postal meter, i sent in my tax returns. now i have little to do but sit back, relax, and wait for the refunds to hit my checking account. this gives me a little time to weigh the options of what to do with this sweet chunk of change coming my way. hmmm...decisions, decisions...a responsible person my age might consider a small investment somewhere. nope, not me - too responsible, too boring, and no immediate gratification. i'm thinking laptop. though a new spring/summer wardrobe would be nice. laptop, wardrobe. laptop, wardrobe. well, i clearly have some things to think about and a tough call ahead of me. the odds are in the laptop's favor. but i'll keep you posted.
in the meantime, i will feel moderately guilty in the coming weeks that, once again, i let this tax thing get down to the wire. i will reprimand myself for not pulling it together earlier. and i will remind myself that, had i done so, i would already have my refund and my laptop. or wardrobe. or trip perhaps? no, laptop. in my possession. and i will make vows to be better next year. to start organizing as soon as the w-2's and 1099's and all that crap starts coming in the mail in january. i will swear to get an early start in 2006. i will promise myself that i will make it happen. but, really, those promises will be empty. when it comes to taxes, i am destined to be last minute lucy. i can't help it. i may not know what i want to do with my refund, but i know that i won't change.

1 Comments:

Blogger jamie d said...

...from this passage and your most resent passage...its seems you need to buy a new book instead of a lap top:-)

nice blog.

jamie, madison WI

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker